My Blog List

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mark Making Project

For my final mark making project I found scraps of rusted steel and assembled them with the principles of gestalt in mind. Selecting pieces that I thought when set next to each other, still with a gap in between each piece, seemed to be apart of a whole. I wanted to show one of two emotions, either anger or fear. The dark,  red/brown rust color of the metal I thought would go well with a monochromatic orange/red paint and would also go along with an anger or fear theme. To bring it all together, make the piece seem complete and professional, and to make it all pop out even further from the wall when displayed, I coated each piece with a thick polyurethane. When installing the piece, I wanted it to set off of the wall so shadows from the edgy metal would be apparent. I installed it using black screws and keeping the pieces 2-3 inches off the wall. I then experimented with different types of lighting for the final touch.































No comments:

Post a Comment