My Blog List

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Metaphorical Proposal #2

This proposal is based around my second "crossing the line" write up, revolving around death, fear, and the afterlife. Unlike the first proposal, this piece will not have so many parts to it, it will basically be a 2 in one sculpture with a couple found objects but the mass of the entire piece can fit on a single pedestal. Half of this will be a subtractive sculpture (from wood) of myself or a human figure, the other half will be a skull, and on top of our joined heads will be a crown, symbolizing a prolonged search for a higher power. A couple found or acquired objects included, one having to do with a light source. I don't want to give all the details away because I want the finished piece to speak for itself. The metaphor is death in the presence of a being, and all things that can be associated with it. I'll explain more after the piece is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment