My Blog List

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Modular Madness 2.0

So as I was going about creating one of my first proposals for this project, I began to focus more on concept and the desire to experiment with light and the relationship with the materials I could use. Halfway through installation, I scratched the idea of using plaster. Although I wanted to incorporate it because of the artistic aspects and texture, I found that broken liquor bottles were a much better substitution considering the concept behind this piece and the incorporation of light. 

my make shift podium 


100+ champagne glasses



100+ rock salt crystals in stem



100+ shards of broken glass 






My concept is based around alcoholism. The crystals of rock salt represent the craving that we all have, the shards of broken glass that is actually from whiskey bottles represent the fragility that one has as an alcoholic and how close to the breaking point one can be, and the presentation and light represents the social appeal that alcohol holds in society. So in a way, I have three modular madness projects in one setting, 100+ glasses, 100+ rock salt pieces, 100+ shards of glass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment