My Blog List

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

YES! FINALLY, LET THE REALISTIC CREATION BEGIN!!



 SO.. the latest 3D assignment. Mas cardboard. Only this assignment I was rather excited going into it. We were given ( or in my case, I chose )...( guilty as charged ) a small object. The point of the assignment is to re-create this object on an excessively larger scale using cardboard. The object has to interact with your body or you have to be able to wear it. My object is the Sam Houston State official ring. We then had to draw up 3 proposals with sketches and details revolving around the function of the object relating to your body. We then hung those proposals up around the WASH building and everybody got to vote on which proposal they would rather see us create.



So heres the deal. The ring/belt idea wound up getting the most votes, but I think its because everyone understood the assignment to be a required piece that you can wear. I understood that it had to interact with your body. Well, sorry fellow students, but the belt idea was just a last resort thrown together. Boring. Boring. Plain. Boring. I would much rather build a giant structure where you have to interact with IT more than IT interacting with YOU... Sooo thats what I chose. ( Im very selfish when it comes to my art work. )

SO. To start this project, I felt it would work out better if I threw together a mini version of how I would go about creating the huge structure....Ex:



So after I got that going, I was very anxious to begin creating the full size version, about the size of a small room....













Slowly I could begin to see the ring come together but after I assembled the basic structure, I found that it was way too flimsy. SO, this weekend I will be taking it base structure down and adding a skeleton underneath for added stability. Following the re-asmbly, ill then get into the details and engravings of the ring...Stay tuned for updates!





No comments:

Post a Comment